I can’t believe our little boy is 6 months old today! And that I’ve done such a crappy job of documenting his little life thus far. Even with RSV and an ear infection the last couple of weeks, he’s the happiest little camper. Rarely fusses. Though, sleeping has been a challenge since he’s had cold after cold this winter that never ends. We had a glimmer of hope Tuesday when it reached 72 degrees at 5pm, but then it plummeted 12 degrees in an hour, and we had snow flurries overnight. Oh, Kansas weather, you’re so entertaining.
So Cinco hasn’t gotten to spend much time outside. But he keeps himself – and us – entertained inside quite well. He loves to pull his socks off and chew on them and try to get his cute little piggies in his mouth. And when Daddy rubs the top of his head on Cinco’s belly, his giggles make all of us smile. He’s found his voice and can roll over both ways. Since he doesn’t like to be on his stomach, he rolls about 75% of the way and hangs out on his side. He’s a little wiggle worm and has been known to slide all the way out of his bouncy seat if we forget to strap him in. But we don’t always know that’s happened since he doesn’t complain. He tolerates his sisters’ lack of personal space well and smiles when he sees them.
And just so we have notes for your baby book, Buddy, here are some things that have been happening in our world lately:
- We took you to your first sporting event – a Maverick’s hockey game.
- Grandma D was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s Disease.
- Daddy went to NYC for the first time on a work trip. Leaving Mommy in charge of all 3 of you for 4.5 days.
- Grandma B had rotator cuff surgery.
- The Internet turned 25.
- Ellen broke the record for most retweets with a selfie of her and several stars at the Oscars.
- Speaking of Oscars, one of your sisters’ favorite movies, “Frozen,” won for best animated film and best song.
- Malaysia Airlines had a flight that disappeared.
- The Winter Olympics were held in Sochi Russia. Not the best medal count overall, but the US hockey team beat the Russian team to win silver.
- Jimmy Fallon took over as host of The Tonight Show.
- The Kaufmann Center was named one of the world’s most spectacular buildings.
- The Denver Broncos lost to the Seattle Seahawks in the Super Bowl, despite Mommy gearing you up for a win.
Happy half birthday, sweet boy. We love you!!