Our kids are nothing if not creative. When I asked Baby R what kind of party she wanted this year, she said princess ninja. Wasn't sure how to go about that at first, but finally was able to come up with some fun stuff based on a lot of Pinterest help.
The decor was ninja stars and Chinese lanterns but in pink and purple. The cupcake toppers had tiaras and princess wands with ninja stars, and the party favors were Chinese takeout boxes with princess gummy treats, chopsticks and a fortune cookie.
I found a few tutorials online about how to fold paper ninja stars (it was harder than I remembered!), and made a some out of white paper for the kids to color when they arrived and were waiting for the other guests. We used them later to throw at balls that were balanced on top of toilet paper rolls.
Another game we played was Pin the Tiara on the Ninja.
And I also set up a few crepe paper "laser" streamers in the hallway that the kids had to navigate through. Overall it was a fun party!
• • • • •
I thought I asked Baby R a birthday survey in the past, but I don't see a post about it anywhere. (Not that that means anything since I've hardly posted recently! Still need to post pics from Cinco's first bday.) Our sweet girl turned 5 a couple of weeks ago, and now that Thanksgiving is wrapped up, I finally got a chance to ask her about a few of her favorite things. (You'd think ninjas might have made the list based on her party theme, but there are plenty of princesses represented.)
- What's your favorite food? Strawberries
- What's your favorite sport to play? Basketball
- What's your favorite TV show? Dora and Friends
- What's your favorite movie? The Little Mermaid and Sleeping Beauty
- Who's the coolest person on earth? God
- What's the thing you're most looking forward to about starting kindergarten?
Mrs. W. (S's kindergarten teacher - Baby R is hopeful she will have her, too.)
- What's the thing that you do best? Help Mom.
- If you could go to anywhere in the world, where would it be? Chick Fil A
- What's your favorite color? Purple and blue
- What's your favorite book? Pocahantas
- What are three words to describe you? Thankful, 5, thankful for Mommy
- What is something you used to do when you were little? Chewing on toys
- What is your favorite season? Windy so you can fly kites - fall
- What is your favorite snack? Strawberries
- What food don't you like? Tomatoes
- Who is your best friend? Delani
- If you had one wish, what would it be? Another Mommy - two of me.
- What is your best memory? Santa
- What's your favorite game? Tic Tac Toe
She was really enjoying this survey, so wanted to tell me a few more of her favorites.
- What's your favorite song? Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
- What is your favorite toy? Lincoln Logs
She brings joy to me every day. So thankful for the opportunity to be her mama!