Thursday, August 20, 2009

Doctor, Doctor, Give Me the News

Yesterday I got a call from my OB's office with the results from my glucose tolerance test - failed again. :( I would rather just skip the three hour test next week and have them say, yes, you have gestational diabetes. Not that I want to have it, of course. Although, I feel like I may this time. I have been eating terribly with this pregnancy, due in large part to the moving issues we've had, combined with my insatiable need for all things chocolate. And I can tell this week that I'm not feeling as well as I should. And I've been eating better since we're finally settled in. We'll see what happens.

Yesterday afternoon was S's 2 year checkup. She woke up with a cold, poor thing! And I had to get her up early from her nap to get her there on time. But she was really good for the appointment. She had to do a finger prick test and get two shots which she wasn't thrilled about, but she was pretty easily pacified by a sucker once we got the Band-Aids off. I know the day will come when she wants a Band-Aid for everything, but at this point, she can't stand them. Having them on was more upsetting than the shots, it seemed.

She's still on the same growth curve - 90th percentile for height, 50th for weight and 25th for head size. She's 35 3/4" tall, weighs 26 lbs (Coulda fooled me! She sure feels heavier than that.), and has a head circumference of 18.5". Everything looked good; thank you God for blessing us with a healthy child!

No comments:

Real Time Analytics