Friday, November 6, 2009

Halloween




Two years ago I bought two Halloween costumes on clearance at Old Navy, a kangaroo and a ladybug. I bought both because they were so cute I couldn't decide between them, and they were only five bucks each. Since S was only a couple of months old at the time, I bought 12-24 mos size for the following year. Last year she wanted to wear the kangaroo, so I was going to give the ladybug to one of my friends, but everyone had other outfits for their kids, so I just held on to it. This year I figured it would be too small for her - she's in 3T's now. Being 9 mos pregnant, I didn't have the energy to do something elaborate, and with an indecisive toddler, I didn't want to spend a bunch of money on an outfit she may or may not decide she wants to wear that day. So since she's a fan of her overalls, and I'm a fan of mine since they're the most comfortable thing I can wear at this point, I had planned for us to be farm girls. So that afternoon we were talking about getting ready to go trick-or-treating and my DH said something about the kangaroo outfit she'd worn last year, and she wanted to see it. So we got it out to show her, and I thought it looked like it was a pretty big size. I asked her if she wanted to try on the ladybug one, and she did. It fit! Just barely, but well-enough, and, as a bonus, she loved it! So here are a few pics of us in our outfits.

No comments:

Real Time Analytics