Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy New Year!

From Pinterest

"Let me 'splain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up."

November
Baby R's 4th birthday party: Thomas the Train. I felt terrible because only 2 kids showed up. No one RSVPs anymore. What's up with that? It was an awesome party anyway, and she had fun. That's all that matters.

S played i9 Basketball and really enjoyed it. She was so fun to watch, and she enjoyed it, but she's not aggressive enough. Will see if she wants to play it again.

I stopped by the office several times while on maternity leave to be in our holiday video and Christmas card photos. Each department re-enacted a bunch of awkward family photos which was creepy and hilarious. Then there was a group photo of the whole company in ugly Christmas sweaters. Fun times.

I volunteered at the library at Sam's school.

I finally met with a counselor at the county center for aging and started making real progress with my parents' housing situation.


December
Our company Christmas party was at the President hotel in downtown KC. It was fun. The video was hilarious. It was mostly 80s tv show parodies and Wham's video for "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go" was the finale.

I started back to work the following Monday. It was actually fine the first day - good to see everyone. Miss my babies a ton still, but getting used to it since it's been a month now.

There was a winter storm advisory on my bday, so we decided not to go out because we were worried my in-laws might not be able to get home if they came over to babysit. And then the storm never happened. But it was fine having dinner at home with the kiddos and watching a movie with DH. We saw The Internship - very good.

Christmas - The weekend before we went to St. Louis and celebrated with my side of the family. It was fun. We came home on the 23rd. I'd gotten 90% of the Christmas stuff done before I went back to work, but never got that last 10% done, so finished most stuff up that day. That night I went to bed and woke up at midnight throwing up. Food poisoning. Sick all day Christmas Eve. Missed DH's side of the family's big get together that included 7 new babies for the cousins. DH took Cinco and got a super cute pic of all of them dressed alike and lined up on the couch.
Unfortunately the girls were little terrors that day and weren't allowed to go - I put them to bed at 6:30pm honestly believing Santa wasn't coming - that's how badly they were misbehaving. When DH came home at 7, he got them up to put out cookies and milk since I'd gone to bed, too. Epic fail on my part this year between going back to work and being sick. They were able to redeem themselves by cleaning the toy room before going back to bed and Santa did make it to our house after all. Whew!
And thank goodness, because I must have been a really good girl this year. I got an awesome Nikon DSLR from my amazing DH. Squee! Now I have to learn how to use it. Too many hobbies - not enough hours in the day.

DH and I spent New Year's Eve at home, per usual. New Year's Day Cinco was super fussy. He's usually so laid back, smiley, happy as can be. Poor guy - I couldn't tell if he had an ear infection or is teething or what. He was better this morning, thank goodness.

We were supposed to go to STL this weekend again for my nephew's 1st bday party, but he was diagnosed with RSV yesterday, so we're staying home to keep Cinco away from him. Bummed to miss it. Planning to go out in a few weeks to celebrate instead.

My freelance social media job has been put on hold for now while I adjust to being back at work full time and my client waits for the post-holiday business to pick back up. Hopefully I'll have a little more time to post updates. We shall see.

Quick Cinco timeline:
1-Week Checkup: 21" albs, 7 oz
9 Days old: Umbilical cord fell off
11 Days old: Plastibel from circumcision fell off
4 Weeks old: First cold. :(
6 Weeks old: First responsive smile
8 Weeks old: First laugh

He's still so sweet and happy and laid back. Love this little addition to our family!


Real Time Analytics