Wednesday, March 25, 2020

The Light In the Storm


What an emotional roller coaster it's been. Last week felt like a month passed between Monday and Friday. The weather was cold and rainy most of last week. Yesterday, the Kansas City metro was directed to shelter in place to continue helping flatten the curve of the outbreak. As an extrovert, I've struggled with the lack of human contact. I'm loving being with my kids more, but it's been incredibly stressful. I've never been good at balancing working and being a mom, and now that I have to do all of it in the same space, I'm floundering. 

That said, I know I'm incredibly lucky to have a job still, and one that I can do from home. And even luckier that the same is true for DH. So many we know are out of work or struggling with limits on their work options. So I'm really pushing myself to find the silver linings that coincide with the frustrations. One of them is the opportunity to do devotions with the kids at lunch each day. I've had a lot of anxiety lately, and I'm struggling to lean in to God and trust and let go. It's certainly fodder for a season of growth for me. 

This photo I took last week is a great illustration. This church is across the way from our neighborhood. There have been other times when the spire has been highlighted by the sun after a storm, but I'm usually driving or in a rush to get somewhere. A blessing of this time is that I'm out walking more and have very little time constraint. I was able to stop and take this picture. Thankful for the opportunity to capture a peaceful moment in this time of chaos.


Real Time Analytics