Monday, August 16, 2021

A New Chapter

Photo by Sapan Patel on Unsplash

I started a new job a couple of weeks ago. I'd been at my old company for almost 9 1/2 years, and though it was amazing when I first got there, the owners retired and after several buyouts, it became another corporation focused on the bottom line and uninterested in the people who made it happen. 

Sadly that wasn't my first experience with something like that, so when I interviewed with the company I'm at now, one of the things I told them I was most interested in was finding a job where I liked what did of course, but more importantly, finding one where I felt valued. And this place is just what I was looking for. 

In fact, not only is it an ESOP, but they have 117 hours of volunteer time each year for associates to do pro bono work with personal philanthropies. I'd never heard of such a thing. I thought my old company was progressive to offer us 8 hours a year. 

The evening of the same day I accepted this job, I received an email from my church with an opportunity to go on a fully-funded mission trip to Kenya! The Lord works in mysterious ways, but this wasn't mysterious in the least. Message received! The only glitch in the plan is that my passport was expired, so I've done all the things to get it pushed through. Confident that God will make a way if it's meant to be. 

Regardless, just so excited after 18 terrible months (well, let's be honest - things have been going downhill for about 3 years) to finally have two really amazing things happen. And back to back!

Real Time Analytics