Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Hellllllllooooooo??? Is Anybody There????

Wow. Three months. Where has the time gone? So many funny kid stories to share. I've been scribbling them on notes scattered around the house, and dictating them into my voice memos on my phone. No promises, but I'll try to transcribe them soon.

For now, the latest news with us combines, per the new norm, great highs and great lows. First, the bad news. Our house is sinking. My BIL is a structural engineer and came by last night to take a look. (Super fun way to celebrate DH's and my 8th annivesary.) He told us what we already knew. We have to get it piered to save it. DH wants to sell it and run. I don't think we can without fixing it. Which we're guessing will cost around $40k. Will get some estimates, and then decide if we can patch it a little and get out of here breaking even, or if we'd be upside down and have to suck it up and stay. I don't want to move. For the first time in my life, I love our house. But it's just a building. I can give it up. What I don't want to give up is the backyard and our neighborhood. But I just need to let it go and remember that God will provide.

Speaking of which, our latest blessing is that we're expecting again! DH had this awesome suggestion for announcing our news:



The girls can't wait. S wants a brother and Baby R wants a sister. She wants to name it Pineapple. I told her we'd talk about it. For now, that makes a good name to use instead of "it," though. So far, I'm feeling well. No nausea, but I do tend to have a sour stomach frequently. I wasn't sure if I was eating something that disagreed with me or if it was some kind of morning sickness. My doc said she had that with one of her pregnancies, too. Kooky.

More news to come sooner rather than later, I hope!
Real Time Analytics