Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Baby Bullets: 12th Edition

S - "I will rule the land when I grow up."

Baby R's favorite song right now is "I Need A Miracle" by Third Day. S's faves are "Beautiful Things" by Gungor and "Great I Am" by Phillips, Craig and Dean.

Rushing out of Chick-Fil-A where we had a church fundraiser, Baby R fell, straddling the parking block. She stood up, grabbing herself, saying "I hurt my penis!" It was pretty hysterical, but I kept my composure. And we were late for baseball, so I corralled them to the van's door, and told her she didn't have a penis. S asked why, and I said, "Get buckled in, we're going to be late. Girls don't have penises; they have vaginas." S said, "But why?" I was getting frustrated because they were just standing there, so I raised my voice and said, "Get in the van, and buckle in!" To which S yelled, even louder, "But why do girls have vaginas?!"

DH got a new car. I drove it a few days later. S said, "Mom, you'll love the smooth ride!"

When DH pokes the girls' bellybuttons, he says, "Ding! Dong!" like it's a doorbell. The other day, Baby R said her belly button was an innie, and rang the bell. Then she said it could also be an outie, and pulled the skin out. Blech!

Poor S is just like her mama. She wanted to see how the blood glucose monitor worked, but as soon as I squeezed a drop of blood out of my finger, she got weak-kneed and told me she couldn't watch anymore. Poor kid!

We had a water balloon fight at my in-laws on July 4th. It was awesome. This was followed by a traditional meal of hamburgers, hot dogs, baked beans and cake, and then a round of croquet. So fun! Anyway, my SIL let the girls bring home the leftover empty balloons. Yesterday S was (unsuccessfully) trying to fill them in the bathroom sink, and I told her she needed to be done. She wanted to dump out the two drips she'd managed to contain in one of them outside. I told her no. She asked again if she could so she could water the plants. I, again, said no, because we were getting ready to leave. She said, "But Mom! We're having a drought!" Well played little lady, well played. But still no.
Real Time Analytics