Monday, April 13, 2009

Spring?

I know it's been forever since I've posted. We had a big snow storm the last weekend in March, and S just loved talking about it. She didn't get to play in it much since she's outgrown all of her real winter clothes, and despite Mother Nature dragging the season out this year, I've refused to buy more for just another week or so.

She has truly been brainwashed, poor kid. She points out Jayhawks wherever we go and now she can sing Rock Chalk. :)

We dyed Easter eggs a couple of weeks ago, and she really enjoyed it, and we managed to avoid any major spillage/stains. She ended up dying more last Monday at the sitters with the other kids and was happy to have more to add to her pile. Then we made Rice Krispie treat eggs and a duck which, of course, she loved eating.

I pulled an April Fool's prank this year, which I haven't done for awhile. DH was a little tense about cash that week because we owed car tags, insurance, taxes, etc. all at the beginning of April in addition to our usual first of the month big bills like the mortgage. I was supposed to get paid Tuesday since it was the last day of the month, but the accountant was out, so DH was NOT happy to hear I didn't get my check that day. So on the first, I told DH I still didn't get it, and that they told us they were going to change it to once a month paychecks on the 15th. He was all upset and ranting, and I finally told him I was teasing - I had gotten paid the day before and had already deposited it. :)

DH's sister, E, came to town last week so he got to go with her to Aunt MP's and golf on Wednesday. Then they came home and his other sister and her kids and his parents all joined us all for dinner at our house when we announced the big news to them. Sunday we went to a Passion play that DH's boss was in - I was so thankful we were able to go to church! Then we went to the DH's big family Easter dinner at the barn. It was raining so we had to do everything inside, but it was still fun. S did 2 egg hunts - the first one she didn't really get and wasn't very interested in, but the second time, she was running around like crazy. It was very cute. She wouldn't nap and had a little fit before dinner so I thought we were going to have to leave early, but she settled down and ended up having a great time.

It's been raining for the last two days, but at least it's not snow. I think spring may finally be here.....

No comments:

Real Time Analytics