Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

Today is Mother's Day, and it's had some ups and downs. S threw a temper tantrum immediately after getting up, but then DH gave me a fantastic present. Then we went to DH's mom's house for a wonderful brunch (where S was an angel), but then DH and I got into an argument because we missed the deadline to send in our rebate on our brand new iMac. We stopped by my parents' house and S was still in a good mood, and then when we got home she took a nice long nap. Which meant Mommy and Daddy got to take one, too! But then she threw another tantrum when she woke up.

S slept in her big girl bed for the first time last night! It went very well; she only got up once, and was only an hour late falling asleep. Crossing my fingers it will continue to go well. That was a fantastic Mother's Day present.

She's cracks me up - I painted my toenails today (pink), and she said, "Owie. Mama toes, owie." I told her it didn't hurt and they were ok, but she didn't understand. So sweet of her to worry about me.

On the baby front, still so far so good. The other day DH asked S if she wanted the baby to be a boy or a girl, and she said girl. He said it would be nice for her to have a sister - he always wanted a brother. (So sweet of him since he really wants a boy!) Then he asked her what we should call the baby, and she said Stinky - that's what he calls her all the time. Oh, brother...

No comments:

Real Time Analytics