Wednesday, June 3, 2009


Life has been pretty crazy the last few weeks. We sold our house last week - yea!!! So we've been househunting a lot. We've found several houses we like, and several lots we like - just none that we like enough together. It's actually been much easier than I thought - we've agreed overall for the most part. But it's difficult with a toddler in tow, so we've been trying to either only go to a couple after work, or have someone watch her for a few hours on the weekend while we hit ten at a time. Yesterday we tried to go to a few over a long lunch. We may do that again.

My friend from high school came to visit from California with her two boys over Memorial Day weekend. It was so good to see her and meet the kids!! I hadn't seen her since her oldest was born - 8 years ago! And I'd never met her youngest. Her phone wasn't working here so that made things a little more complicated than we'd thought, but we still were able to get together a fair amount while she was here. Saturday morning they came by our house. That evening I went to another one of the high school girls' houses where they were hanging out with her family. Sunday we went to a friend's daughter's 3rd birthday party. Monday we had a big picnic at Antioch Park. It was so much fun. Six of the seven girls from high school were there with their familes, plus all of our parents. Tuesday I had to go back to work, but my friend and her boys met me for lunch. I was sad to see her go. Hopefully it won't be so long between visits next time. :)

Last week I ended up with a cough that I think was from allergies from being outside so much. It kept me from sleeping much which was a bummer. Saturday I went scrapbooking which was fun. Sunday we were supposed to go to DH's cousins' grad party, but we were househunting longer than we thought we would be, so we weren't able to make it. Another cousin is having a grad party this weekend so hopefully we'll make it to that one.

A girl I used to work with and her husband will be in town this weekend - yea! We are going to grill out with them and then try to meet up with some other friends later. Another friend from my old job will also be here for her sister's wedding the following weekend so we're going to try to meet her and her husband for brunch Sunday. It's going to be hectic again. I need to find time to start packing, too...

My sister and her husband safely returned from their trip to Cozumel. No swine flu or drug war issues to report. :) They went deep sea fishing and and my BIL caught a mahi mahi - the biggest fish he's ever caught. Can't wait to see pictures! They went snorkeling and a fish bit my sister's finger. :) They also got to go on a safari jeep ride which she said was fun. My BIL was telling me that the swine flu panic combined with the bad US economy has really been detrimental to the resort. Over half of their revenue comes from cruise ships and because of the fear of swine flu, none had docked there for awhile. The first one in three weeks landed while they were there. Their hotel was only at 25% capacity. Hopefully things will start to get better soon.

My sister left for NYC yesterday to start her new job with Michael Kors. Very exciting! She will be there for 10 days or so for training before going back to St. Louis to be able to work from home. Jealous! MY BIL is going to fly out to spend the weekend with her which will be nice. I can't wait to hear how it's going.

Work is still really busy for us and my supervisor will be at a trade show next week. It's good to be busy, but I'd like it to slow down a tiny bit. Monday was pretty stressful!

S had a rough morning. She had a nightmare around 5am, so I went in to lie down with her for a bit. Then she had a huge temper tantrum. Around 5:30am she settled down and we got something to eat. Then when we went to lie down again around 5:45am, she wanted to lie down in our room with Daddy. That was a mess because he had to get up for work at 6am so she wasn't asleep yet and we tried to no avail to get her back to bed. So we've been up for awhile. After he left for work, things were going fine, but then she had another tantrum around 7am. She's so tired from being up too early. But I made her go have her fit in her bed until she settled down, and finally she wanted me to close the door and she fell asleep. (I don't think I mentioned, we ended up deciding to just return the whole bedroom set so she's sleeping on the mattress on the floor.) Unfortunately, I'm going to have to get her up in about 10 minutes so we can leave for me to get to work on time. On that note, I better go finish getting ready!

No comments:

Real Time Analytics