Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year

So I fell off the blogging wagon after our DD's first bday 5 months ago, and although I was harrassed quite a bit, I didn't get a chance to do anything about it. So now that it's the beginning of the new year, I will have to make time to make it happen. I can't believe how many milestones of hers I missed posting. I tried to jot down notes, so I'll put them together in a summary blog soon.

For now, the new year didn't have a great start. My DH and I had an argument last night so I had a hard time falling asleep, then our DD (S) woke up at 4am - teething issues - so I was pretty tired when I got up this morning. Then we were running late and when I got to my parents' to drop S off, I accidentally locked her in my car - with both the main set of keys and the spare. I tried (unsuccessfully) not to freak out, but luckily the locksmith was only five minutes away. S was fine, but I was a little traumatized. Then I got to work and the last-minute belated Christmas party I'm coordinating was in question. Thank goodness it's Friday...

Despite all this, I have high hopes for this year. I want to get back to church again. I'd like to take up reading my rotation of novels, classics, and spiritual books again instead of just child-rearing literature. We're hoping to move - we'll see how the housing market pans out. Work is going to be busy, so I'm going to try to maintain the balance I've re-achieved the last few months and not get out of whack again. I've started going to the gym again and want to keep that up. Aside from our argument last night, things with my DH and I are going really well; I need to keep my priorities in line at home to continue that positive status. And I want to reconnect with my friends I've lost touch with this year. Hope everyone has had a wonderful Christmas and New Year!

No comments:

Real Time Analytics