Friday, August 6, 2010

Shake, Shake, Shake

R has started shaking her head side-to-side. It's really cute. She says Dada all the time, so I keep trying to get her to say Mama, and when I do, she'll shake her head no. DH will love hearing that!

A couple of days ago I got home and DH told me she'd taken a couple of steps while he was holding her hands. I couldn't believe it! So I sat down on the floor and stood her up so she could hold on to the edge of the coffee table and she pulled herself along a couple of steps. Such a big girl.

Last night she was up at 4am, so I waited about ten minutes but she wasn't settling down, so I made her a bottle. Put her down in her crib and not two minutes later she was up again. Waited a bit more, then heard her bonk the crib and start wailing and knew it wasn't going to get better, so I made her another bottle (since she'd only had a little bit), and got her back down again. A few minutes later, more fussing. Seriously!?!? I went in and rubbed her back, and she almost went to sleep a couple of times, but finally sat up, so I picked her up and rocked her for a bit, but she started to get really upset and throwing herself backwards, so I asked DH to make one more bottle and FINALLY got her back down around 5:30. Sigh.

On the flip side, S went down fairly easily last night (she was probably asleep by 8:15 - hallelujah!), and slept well and awoke refreshed. Such a nice morning! Glad it's Friday. Ready to get home and start cleaning and packing for our trip next week!

No comments:

Real Time Analytics