Wednesday, August 18, 2010

What I Am Reading Now

I joined a site called BlogHer this week - love it! Thousands of women and their blogs! One of them wanted to see what everyone is reading, so I selected "First Degree" by David Rosenfelt. I think I've read this half a dozen times. I love everything about Rosenfelt's books; his voice, his style, his ability to inject humor and a touch of romance into murder mysteries. This was the first one that I read by him, so I think that's why it's my favorite.

Showing that book cover only tells part of the story, though. I'm a mom so I'm pretty much always reading parenting books. Currently those include "The Strong-Willed Child" by Dr. James Dobson, "How to Talk So Kids Will Listen, and Listen So Kids Will Talk" by Adele Faber, and I'm re-reading "What to Expect the First Year" by Heidi Murkoff et al.

I need to update my Goodreads info - LOVE that site! So cool. You can link to it through Facebook and/or add to your blog (as I have). You can invite friends and see who is reading what, what they recommend, and what they are wanting to read. You have your own "bookshelves" - read, currently reading and to-read, and can customize your own (I have one called "want to read again"). You can rate everything you've ever read. You can see polls about different books and see comments from authors. It's very cool.

No comments:

Real Time Analytics