Thursday, July 22, 2010

Is It Tough Having Two?

Out of the blue the other day our DD looked up at me and in a concerned voice said, "Mommy, is it tough on you having two of us?" I couldn't help but laugh. And I wondered where she must have overheard that? I said, "Oh, baby, I LOVE having two of you. I'd have ten of you if I could!" Not that there aren't times when I struggle with it. Particularly yesterday and today. S has a summer cold. Nothing serious, just the gross, snot-flying-out-of-her-nose sneezes. She's still full of pep, but she's not quite herself, so this morning when I was trying to take care of Baby R, she wanted me to hold her. Usually, she's patient and waits til I finish what I'm doing, but today she was jealous and wanted me NOW. I try to be overly understanding when she doesn't feel well. But I got so little sleep last night, I just didn't have it in me. Between her waking up three times and needing me to go to her room, and Baby R waking up a handful of times and fussing for about 10 minutes each, and then waking up an hour early, I think I may have gotten three hours of sleep. I'm having a hard time keeping my eyes open as I write this. (If there's an abrupt end to this post, know I've dozed off....) Anyway, I guess if I only had one munchkin, it might not be quite so tough. Luckily the joys of motherhood are far greater than the sacrifices, and that is even truer with more than one kiddo.

I saw a hilarious post on Mamapedia today where a woman was talking about a silly thing she did - she was unloading groceries and put her cell phone and the crackers in the fridge and the milk in the cupboard. Her friend called things like that "momnesia". Love that term! Must start using it.

One more thought about my food situation. Quotes from my friend's blog: "...my current struggle is that I eat exactly how I want all day, but after dinner and my snack I still want more. It isn't that I'm hungry. I just always want more... I might want more food, but that doesn't mean I have to act on it. It is just a thought... it's comforting to remember that I don't have to act on my thoughts today. I have the ability to CHOOSE." Such a powerful entry! I need to print that out and post it on my refrigerator.

No comments:

Real Time Analytics