Tuesday, October 5, 2010

B2S/B2B Assignment 3



Kludgy Mom



I'm behind this week. Well, it's already next week, so I'm behind from last week. Anyway, last week, Kludgy Mom's assignment was to apply one of the tips on how to grow my blog and then post about it.

So many great tips! I have already been doing some of them - joining blog networks, commenting, checking out blogrolls. But I've been thinking about making a badge for awhile, and that was also on the list, so I thought I would do that for my homework assignment. The problem was, I had no idea how to go about it. I knew how to add it to my sidebar, but I didn't know how to add the code below it for people to copy it.

So I did some research, and came up with...nothing. Thankfully, Julia at Work, Wife, Mom...Life! came to my rescue! I now have a cute little button on my blog. And to pay it forward, if any of you would like to add a badge, here's how.

This is the code you need to use:




Per Julia, "Replace the RED with your blog address (that will make sure the button is linked back to you), and replace the GREEN with the code to where you host your button." Julia's is hosted on Photobucket; mine is on Winkflash.

In Blogger, go to the Design tab, and click Add a Gadget. Select HTML/Java Script. Then in the content section, paste the code.

Voila! You have the code displayed on your page for all to enjoy.

The second part of the assignment was to address our goals and our plan to meet them. Uh, good question. I'm still not exactly sure what my goals are. I just decided to go public - really public - with this baby. So I guess my goals are to establish a solid group of followers and keep polishing my writing skills to keep them happy! But not to let it take over my life. 'Cause, I gotta be honest, this schoolwork has opened my eyes to the wonderful world of blogging in a new way, and I could literally spend my life, 24/7 on it.

As for a plan, I'm going to tackle all of the suggestions made through the lessons that I haven't yet completed over the next few months after we wrap up the official session. And I'm planning to establish future Septembers as my B2S/B2B spring cleaning time so I can keep up with the latest and greatest blog formats.

And now, since I'm way behind, I'm going to move on to the next assignment!

2 comments:

MultipleMum said...

Well done! Great button and fantastic plans. I like the idea of a blog 'spring' clean in September (it is Spring in September where I come from so that totally works for me).

I did something from the Idea Bank for Week 3 and have just posted my Week 4 assignment too (nerd alert!). I haven't had much time to do the rest of the stuff (other than the writing) though, and I totally covert your badge! This B2SB2B has been lots of fun, but as you say, you could literally be online 24/7!

Anonymous said...

auto net [url=http://www.kamvlozitidenar.info]kam vložiti denar[/url]

Real Time Analytics