Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Baby Bullets


I'm stealing the idea of a bullet point update from my friend KLZ at Taming Insanity. I'm so behind, I'll never catch up if I try to actually, I don't know, WRITE what we've been up to. But there's so much, bullet points would even be too long, so this is just an installment. (Keep in mind the days referenced are relative. These are notes from the last month or so.)
  • S yesterday singing: Twinkle twinkle little star, How I wonder what's in my tummy. ?
  • S kicked the back of my seat while I was driving, and I asked her politely not to. She was making vroom noises, so I asked if she was driving. No, I'm vacuuming with my leg. Of course, you are.
  • We lost Baby R's blankie for a couple of days. It was NOT good. Luckily she has adopted a second one which she lovingly refers to as "Two."
  • I had a nightmare that coyotes took Baby R when we were playing in the unfenced back yard. Woke up, terrified. Finally got back to sleep. Then I dreamt they attacked us in the playset. Not a good night's sleep.
  • This morning S said the thunderstorm must have broken the water on the refrigerator so we needed to call the water helpers.
  • S playing that she was running a store and had to close up shop for a bit. "If you need anything, just call me, ok? My phone number is 913-69."
  • This morning Baby R woke up asking to play with the neighbor boy, P. Awwww....
  • S, driving her Cozy Coupe, put her arm on the back of the seat and turned around so she could back out.
  • This am S was talking about the tantrum she had last night when I left, and I told her I was sorry she was so upset. She said, "Oh it wasn't you, it was me."
  • Baby R has started putting things in her "pocket," i.e. down her onesie. So now when I change her, interesting things fall out.
  • She has also started walking down the stairs. And now can turn doorknobs. Look out!
  • S asked if I could wash off her drumsticks after she ate, and she could use them to play drums. I've decided maybe we recycle too much.

And there you have it, folks. The first Baby Bullet update! More to come...
Real Time Analytics