Thursday, July 14, 2011

Things I Like About Me


I've seen several tweets and blogs around this week about a link Elena at Ciao Mom has started where we list things we like about ourselves. Those of you who have followed me for awhile are familiar with my insecurities in that area, so I'm always hesitant to do a post about such things, though I find it empowering to do so. I think it's awesome that BlogHer started the Own Your Beauty campaign as that led me to write this and this. And since it's been several months since I've done something in that vein, I thought I would link up with Elena and the other fabulous women who've joined in.

So here's my list:

  1. I like my friendly, outgoing personality.
  2. I like my ability to forgive fairly easily. It's difficult for me to hold a grudge.
  3. I like the color of my hair. Maybe not everything else about my hair - I have a love/hate relationship with the curls/frizz - and sometimes I wish it would stop getting darker, but in general, I like the auburn.
  4. I like that I'm loyal. It takes a lot for me to give up on a relationship.
  5. I love my C-section scars. They are like badges of honor for me. Especially the second one since I knew exactly what I was going to have done to my body, but I did it anyway because I knew it would be worth it.
  6. I like that even though I may not be the best at being a Christian, I make an effort, despite obstacles, to grow in my faith.
  7. I love that I sing and dance with my girls with no regard to how silly I am being. In fact, I like to think that when they are my age, they will look back on their childhood and find that times we danced around the kitchen singing were some of their favorite memories.
  8. I like that I really make an effort to nurture friendships that are important to me. Though I may not be as available as I was before I got married and had munchkins, I try to call, visit and organize get togethers as often as I can.
  9. I like that my calves are still well-toned. Apparently you can't undo 20 years of dancing with 15 years of slacking and gaining weight.
  10. I like that I still have an appetite for learning. I always envisioned myself taking classes for no credit at college just for fun. I did that for awhile, but haven't had the time or money to continue. But then I realized that the world is my classroom. And having kids lets me re-learn a lot of things I'd forgotten.
So there you have it. Now what about you? What do you like about yourself? Link up!
Real Time Analytics