Saturday, February 18, 2012

Baby Bullets: 7th Edition



  • S drew her first self-portrait. I was a little taken aback by the lower portion of the drawing, so I asked her to tell me about it. "Those are my knees!" Ah! Of course, they are. What else would they be?




  • At S's best friend's bday party, there was a Happy Birthday banner that all the kids got to draw on and write their names. S finished and ran to me. "Mommy, I drew you! Come see! Come see!"  I was almost blushing with pride and thankfulness as her little hand grabbed mine and pulled me impatiently to the other side of the room.

    This drawing was very similar to her self-portrait, but instead of a head, it had a long, oval-shaped torso with eyes and a mouth at the top, followed by the legs and knees again. And something between those legs. "Mommy," S said excitedly, "I drew you going potty!" Then kind of conspiratorially, "You're pooping." Big smile.

    EEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKK!
  • S has also taken to calling me "Mother." Not in a sassy way, but it makes me sad. So grown up sounding! The funny side to it is that Baby R has to copy her, of course. So when she says it, it sounds like "Mudder" and "Fadder." Father sounds like a cross between Focker and Austin Power's Goldmember "Vazher." DH and I do a double take and giggle almost every time.
     
  • S asked me, "Mommy, why are your nipples so big, and why do they hang down so low?" Four is such a fun age!
  • Baby R has discovered that sometimes I miss a chin hair or two. She likes to rub them absent-mindedly while we snuggle. It is so disturbing.
  • Baby R is in full-on copy whatever big sister does mode. Like how S has to have separate bowls and spoons when she eats more than one kind of cereal for breakfast (which is most mornings). Now we go through four bowls and four spoons in one meal. Sigh.
     
  • S has started saying, "Aww, shuck!" No "s" on the end, so if you aren't paying attention, it can throw you off. The funny thing is that when Baby R mimics her, she says, "Chucks!"
Real Time Analytics