Friday, February 3, 2012

It's Been A Week, And I Have a Question for You



Today is the last day of my first week of unemployment. I registered online for my state benefits on Sunday night. I read through the directions, got all my information and entered it accurately. (By the way, they ask for you to have pay stubs from the last 18 months, and then you only enter information from the last 12 months. Um, hello, annoying? Why do that?) Anyway, it said I would receive a booklet with information within 5 days. Yesterday I got a letter from them that said:

No wages found, you do not qualify for benefits.

Interesting. I must have imagined the last 8 years of my life or grown money on a tree. So I need to call them today. Sigh.



My last post was about not having a schedule yet and not worrying about it. But now I'm needing to figure it out. I haven't been online much this week, partly due to not feeling well and partly due to just not seeming to find the time. I need to take a poll:

If you are a stay-at-home-mom, how do you find time to do your online work? 

Part of my problem is that I don't have a smart phone, so I can't do Twitter while monitoring the kids playing outside. Not that I want to be one of those moms who ignores their kids while they're playing, but to spend ten minutes on my phone doesn't seem unreasonable.

Also, I thought I'd be able to get stuff done during nap time, but so far this week, I'm 0-4.  The first couple of days since I was sick, I napped, too. Then there was a day when one of the girls wouldn't sleep, and one day I spent nap time on the phone with a Jaborandi Grove client and a friend who called who had just read my blog and found out about the craziness that's been my life this last month. Today my mom is here, so I ended up with a few minutes to myself, but that won't be the norm.

I end up getting online at night, but I feel like I've missed everything that happened during the day. Do you feel that way, too, or do I just need to get used to it?

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!
Real Time Analytics