Friday, February 6, 2009

TGIF!

I'm so glad it's Friday. This has been a long week. First an update on DH's dad. He was up and walking around last night and had regained feeling in his arm and leg, although they were still tingly. The tests didn't show signs of a stroke, and they weren't really sure what happened. I wonder if it was a reaction to the anesthesia or medications. Thankfully he appears to be fine now. My dad's procedure went well this morning. He was seeing fine when he got home from the doctor's office. Whew! Now I hope our dads have resolved their health issues for the year.

Last night I was lucky enough to go wedding dress shopping with my friend. She looked beautiful, and I'm so happy for her. I hope her fiance realizes how lucky he is. They will be getting married in May in Eureka Springs, AR. The girls were excited to find their dresses to wear, too. It was good to see them - I can't believe how big they are! It's only been a month since I saw them last but I think they've each grown an inch.

S is talking up a storm. She's started saying so many new words this week, I don't think I can list them all. She's getting so big, so fast. While we were waiting for my parents to get home this morning, I took her for a walk. Since they don't have sidewalks in their neighborhood, I put her in the stroller. I couldn't find the umbrella stroller, so I had to use her baby one and she's almost too big to fit in it! I couldn't believe it. As I gave her a bath last night I was telling her she was growing up too fast for me already and soon she wouldn't need me to help her take a bath, and then she'd be big enough to drive, and graduating from college and getting married and having babies of her own to bathe. I'm ridiculous, I know! But it helps me to slow down. Trying to enjoy each moment.

1 comment:

Our Story... said...

Keeping your family in our thoughts - Can't believe all that Samantha is up to. Sometimes i think she is months older then my girls rather then weeks. Such a joy!

Real Time Analytics