Thursday, February 5, 2009

Prayers Needed

I can't believe it's almost been 2 weeks since my last post! I'd like to say I have a good excuse, but basically, any extraneous computer time has been spent on Facebook because it is my new fave thing! I've gotten in touch with people I haven't seen or spoken to since high school - some since elementary school! So fun to see where life has taken everyone and sharing memories.

Last Friday S turned 18 months old and had her checkup. She did great! Only fussed a bit when she was measured. She's 33.75" tall (93rd %), 23.4 lbs (48th %) and her head is 18.25" (30th %), so pretty much right on target with her growing curve. She'd stopped eating very much so I wasn't sure about her weight, but she still has her little belly and it's normal for them to go through these periods of eating little. She may be getting ready for a growth spurt again - she ate a ton at breakfast today - two scrambled eggs and some Cheerios!

Unfortunately, last Friday I got a cold so I took the day off and tried to nip it in the bud. But Saturday was so busy doing the last few things to get the house on the market, I am just finally feeling better today. The good news is, the house is officially for sale and we've had two showings already.

This morning DH's dad had to have surgery. His carotid artery was almost completely blocked, so they had to clean it out. It went well and he was in recovery when DH came home around noon to watch S so I could go to work. He called a little bit ago, though, and said that his dad was losing feeling in his left arm and leg so they are trying to determine if a piece of the plaque that remained broke free causing a stroke or what happened.

Tomorrow my dad has to have a procedure on his eye. He has fat on it that's blocking his vision (apparently it's very common with older people). They're going to laser it off and it shouldn't be a big deal, but of course anything that combines lasers and eyes makes me nervous. :) So praying for both of our dads to be ok. And for S and DH to feel better (now they have my cold).

No comments:

Real Time Analytics