Tuesday, January 10, 2012

So Far, 2012 Sucks

I have been off the grid a bit lately. That's mostly due to the following things happening the first week of the new year:

January 3rd - I found out my company will likely be closing its doors at the end of the month.

January 4th - DH found out his slimeball boss is going to let him go sometime between now and the end of March and replace him with his assistant.

There were some other crazy things that happened that I can't go into right now. I have a long summary post that I'll publish in a few weeks. For now, suffice it to say, that I was so stressed I got a tongue ulcer. It's as gross as it sounds, but I'll wait while you Google some pictures of it. In conjunction with that, I also had some canker sores, so I literally could not eat on the right side of my mouth for about four days. Which you would think would be awesome since it's the beginning of the year and everyone is dieting, but all I could eat were foods that weren't acidic, spicy or salty, which left soft, sweet stuff.

Anyway, after an embarrassing breakdown in front of my boss at my part-time job, and an a-ma-zing sermon at church on Sunday that pretty much summed up my spiritual life right now (in a desert in my relationship with God, being put through trials for Him to be able to refine me, knowing He will carry me through to victory), I'm on the other side of last week, and in much better spirits.

I hope all of you are having a much, much better start to the new year.
Real Time Analytics